Rwanda DPP Registration
Introducing Sentinel Africa’s Rwanda DPP Registration Accelerator – Your Fast-Track to Compliance!
Welcome to the Rwanda DPP Registration Accelerator, a cutting-edge solution designed to streamline and expedite registration so as to comply with the DPP law in Rwanda. We understand that navigating the intricacies of registration can be daunting and time-consuming for organizations, especially those lacking the expertise and resources.
With our expertise and in-depth knowledge of the registration requirements, we offer a seamless journey to obtain your certificate of registration as a data controller or processor in Rwanda.
Why do you need to register?
Article 29 of Rwanda’s Personal Data Protection and Privacy Law1 provides that a person who intends to be a Data Controller or a Data Processor must register with the supervisory authority.
Therefore, it is mandatory for any natural person, public or private corporate body intending to be
a Data Controller or a Data Processor to register with the Data Protection and Privacy Office under
National Cyber Security Authority (NCSA) and receive a registration certificate. Operating
without a registration certificate is an administrative misconduct.
By registering and providing information about your data processing operations to the supervisory
authority, you are making the first step towards compliance and contributing to a responsible,
transparent, and accountable data ecosystem in Rwanda.
Who is required to register?
Any Data Controller and processor who:
- is established or resides in Rwanda and processes personal data while in Rwanda;
- is neither established nor resides in Rwanda, but processes the personal data of Data Subjects
located in Rwanda.
Ascertain If you are a Data Controller or Processor!
You are required to register as a data processor or controller, you therefore need to ascertain if you are a controller or processor or both. We will help you ascertain that by simply answering a few questions. Click the link below and get to know in a few minutes.
How will we help?
Our unique approach ensures that you get it right the first time, saving you valuable time and effort. Through a user-friendly online platform(Link provided below):
- You’ll provide us with your details and upload the necessary documents.
- Our team of experts will meticulously review and correct any discrepancies.
- We will then have you sign the required documents, then compile the documents into a comprehensive package for submission to the supervisory authority.
- You will need to create an email and share the credentials, we will then share the documents for you via that email and inform you when your certificate is ready in a week.
In just five days, we’ll handle the entire process, from document preparation to application submission, allowing you to focus on your core business activities without disruptions. Rest assured, we’ll navigate every step with precision and care, ensuring your registration journey is smooth and successful.
Join numerous organizations in Rwanda that have already experienced the efficiency and convenience of the Rwanda DPP Registration Accelerator. Let us empower your compliance journey, so you can confidently operate within the regulatory framework and elevate your organization to new heights of data protection and privacy.
Partner with Sentinel Africa today, and embark on a fast track to DPP registration – unlocking compliance with ease and precision. Trust in our expertise, and together, we’ll achieve your compliance goals in record time.
Here is a List of the Documents you will need to upload!
- Letter of application addressed to the Chief Executive Officer of NCSA (We will provide a template)
- Certificate of incorporation
- License from Regulator (if applicable) e.g. license issued by RURA, MINICOM
- Legal instrument establishing the entity (in the case of a public entity)
- Contract with the representative (only for those Data Controllers/ Data Processors that are neither established nor reside in Rwanda but process personal data of Data Subjects located in Rwanda)
- Any other supporting document (e.g. a contract between Data Controller and Data Processor, privacy notice
- DPO’s Letter of Appointment (We will provide a template)