We Sentinel Africa Consulting Limited (“Sentinel Africa”, “we,” “our” or “us”) respects your privacy. This Policy applies to the Sentinel Africa website, platforms that display or provide links to this Policy and services.
We recognize the expectations of its customers with regard to privacy confidentiality and security of their personal information that resides with the us. Keeping personal information of customers secure and using it solely for activities related to our services and preventing any misuse thereof is our top priority.
This Policy describes how we process your personal data and aims to address all possible data processing scenarios that may. Sentinel Africa may inform you of product- or service-specific data collection through supplementary policies or notices provided before collection.
This Policy describes:
- How We Collect & Use Your Personal Data
- Cookies & Similar Technologies
- How We Disclose Personal Data
- How to Access & Control Your Personal Data
- How We Protect Your Personal Data
- How We Process Children’s Personal Data
- Third-Party Providers and Their Services
- International Transfers of Your Personal Data
- Updates to This Policy
- How to Contact Us
- The policy applies to all Sentinel Africa staff and governance members.
- The policy also applies to those seeking employment through submission of job applications with Sentinel Africa.
- The provision of this policy may also be applied to any person employed by an entity that carries out missions for Sentinel Africa.
This Privacy Notice sets our standards towards the access and use of any personal data, or any other information provided from you or any other sources to us.
“Personal Data” means Personal Data means data either on its own or jointly with other data about can be used identify a natural person (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
“Cookies” means a small text file placed on your computer or device by Our Site when you visit certain parts of Our Site and/or when you use certain features of Our Site. Details of the Cookies used by Our Site are set out in section 4, below.
“Data Processor (or Service Provider)” means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
“Data Subject” is any living individual who is the subject of Personal Data.
“User “means the individual using our Service. The User corresponds to the Data Subject, who is the subject of Personal Data.
“We/Us/Our” means Sentinel Africa Consulting Limited, a limited company registered in Kenya of P.O. Box 39681-00623 Nairobi, Kenya at Rainbow Tower, 5th Floor, Muthithi Road.
5. What data do we Collect?
Depending on the Services we provide you and/or our engagement we may collect and process the following information:
- Customer Information
- Phone number
- Office location
- Information in Previous Audit Reports
- Employee Information
- Job Application information including Curriculum Vitae and References
- Supplier Information
- Visit Information on accessing our premises.
- Data collected through our website.
- Business/Company Name
- Contact Information such as Email Addresses And Telephone Numbers
- Your Website URL
- IP Address
- Web Browser Type And Version
- Operating System
- A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on Our Site, and the site you exit to
6. How We Collect & Use Your Personal Data
Upon engaging Sentinel Africa for the provision of our services, you will be required to directly provide us data pursuant to a contract to which you as a data subject are party to, in order for Us to perform our contractual obligation to you. Additionally, you directly provide us with such data when you use our websites. We may also obtain data by recording how you interact with our website. For example, we may use technologies like cookies or receive use data from software running on the website.
We also collect the information you provide to us and the content of messages you send us, such as the query information you provide, or the questions or information you provide for through our contact page. We may also collect user information for analysis in the performance of audit tests. Specifically, We may use your data for the following purposes:
- Providing and managing your access to Our Site.
- Supplying Our products and/or services to you (please note that We require your personal data in order to enter into a contract with you and perform our obligations under the contract thereafter).
- Personalising and tailoring Our products and/or services for you.
- Replying to emails from you.
- Supplying you with emails that you have opted into (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email.
- Analysing your use of Our Site and gathering feedback to enable Us to continually improve Our Site and your user experience.
- For employment purposes
With your permission and/or where we are permitted by law, We may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email with information, news and offers on our products and/or services. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that We fully protect your rights and comply with Our obligations under the Data Protection Act and Regulations.
You have the right to withdraw your consent from Us using your personal data at any time, and to request that We delete it. We do not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected.
Additionally, Sentinel Africa in the execution of our engagements utilizes cloud platforms such as Zoho Projects and other project management tools as well as survey tools to collect your data. The security of this data is a shared responsibility between us and our cloud service provider.
We may use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Performing our contractual obligation
- Contacting you with your consent; sending you information about our services that may interest you or help us serve you better. If you do not want to receive these types of information, you can opt out at any time.
- Assessing your suitability for potential employment or other contractual engagement.
- Submission of documents to our clients including expressions of interest, capability statements and tenders; and
- Compliance with all relevant laws, court/tribunal orders or enforcement related activities
Types of Cookies we process
- The “PII Language” cookies are responsible for tracking the preferred language in which the website should load for each user.
- Tawk cookies are essential for monitoring and tracking the sessions of live chat interactions on the website.
- Woocommerce cookies are utilized to keep track of login sessions, but only for users who are signed into their accounts.
- The consent cookie plays a vital role in determining and tracking which users have given their consent to use the site’s services and features.
Google (Analytics) cookies encompass various Google cookies that serve the purpose of tracking active user sessions on the website.
9. How We Disclose Personal Data
Information about our clients is an important part of our business and we address sharing of your data as such. We may disclose Personal Information that we collect from you for the purpose(s) that it was collected. We may disclose the Personal Information for other purposes where we have received your consent to do so or are required to do so by law.
Examples of where we may disclose your information include, but are not limited to:
- To comply with applicable laws or respond to valid legal procedures, Sentinel Africa may disclose your personal data to law enforcement or other government agencies.
- If Sentinel Africa is involved in a restructuring, merger & acquisition, or a bankruptcy or liquidation lawsuit in a given jurisdiction, your personal data may be disclosed in connection with the transaction.
- To execute a contract in the provision of our service, when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss of our clients, or when it is in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Information we use or disclose is accurate, up to date, complete and relevant to the purpose of the use or disclosure.
10. How to Access & Control Your Personal Data
It is your responsibility to ensure that all personal data submitted to Sentinel Africa is correct. Sentinel Africa is dedicated to maintaining the accuracy and completeness of personal data and keeping the data up to date.
To the extent required by applicable law, you have the below listed rights:
- The right to be informed about Our collection and use of personal data.
- The right of access to the personal data We hold about you.
- The right to rectification if any personal data We hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to erasure– i.e., the right to ask Us to delete any personal data We hold about you (We only hold your personal data for a limited time, as explained in section 8.
- The right to restrict (i.e., prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organisation).
- The right to object to Us using your personal data for particular purposes; and
- Rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling.
To exercise these rights, you may contact Sentinel Africa Directly through the contacts provided in this section 12 of this policy.
11. How We Protect and Retain Your Information
The security of your personal data is important to us and is our highest priority. We use appropriate physical, management, and technical measures to protect your personal data from unauthorized access, disclosure, use, modification, damage, or loss.
- We are an ISO27001 Certified firm and maintain an Information Security Management System, where our security controls are independently verified annually by an external auditor.
- We use cryptographic technologies for data confidentiality, protection mechanisms to prevent attacks, and access control mechanisms to permit only authorized access to your personal data.
- We provide training on security and privacy protection for employees to raise their awareness of personal data protection.
- We use reputable and secure platforms such as Zoho
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of personal information.
Notwithstanding the security measures that We take, it is important to remember that the transmission of data via the internet may not be completely secure and that you are advised to take suitable precautions when transmitting to Us data via the internet.
We will retain your personal information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it was received, unless otherwise extending the retention period is required or permitted by law. We maintain a detailed retention schedule for Personal Information which is informed by the following principles:
- In the first instance, Personal Information will be retained as long as required by a relevant law (e.g., to ensure compliance with tax requirements);
- If a relevant law no longer requires us to maintain Personal Information (or that period has elapsed), the Personal Information may then still be retained if required by any relevant contractual agreement or arrangement; and
- For Personal Information to which a relevant law or contractual agreement or arrangement does not apply, we will retain the Personal Information for as long as is required to manage our engagement and/or relationship with you plus a reasonable period afterwards.
12. How We Process Children’s Personal Data
Our website, services and products are primarily intended for adults. For special cases such as our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, information regarding persons under the age of 18 will only be processed with the explicit consent of the child’s parents or guardians.
13. International Transfers of Your Personal Data
With operations across Africa, and organization-wide adoption of cloud services, your personal data collected by Sentinel Africa may be processed or accessed in the country/region where you use our products and services or in other countries/regions where Sentinel Africa have a presence. These jurisdictions may have different data protection laws. In such circumstances, Sentinel Africa has applied technical and organisational measures to ensure that data is processed as required by this Policy and applicable laws.
14. Updates to This Policy
15. How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or suggestions, privacy complaints or issues, and want to contact Sentinel Africa Data Protection Officer (DPO), please contact [email protected]