BOARD GOVERNANCE AND COMPLIANCE WORKSHOP – CAPE TOWN 2024
April 8, 2024 @ 9:00 am – April 12, 2024 @ 4:00 am
Governance Summit is Brought to you by Sentinel Africa Consulting & Revival Software – a Diligent Partner.
Join us in April 2024 in the enchanting city of Cape Town, South Africa, for a transformative Board Governance and Compliance Workshop. Designed exclusively for board committee members, ExCo, and Senior Management from leading private organizations across Kenya, Uganda, Somalia, Rwanda, and other African Countries, this immersive three-and-a-half-day training experience will empower you with the knowledge and tools to steer your organization toward greatness. Delve into key governance principles, explore compliance, and best practices, and align your board’s efforts with your organization’s mission and vision.
But that’s not all – our workshop goes beyond the classroom. You’ll embark on a half-day benchmarking journey, gaining insights from top South African corporations. Then, choose a full day of adventure, with options including the awe-inspiring Table Mountain, a delightful wine tour, or an insightful visit to historic Robben Island. Don’t miss this opportunity to elevate your board’s performance and experience the magic of Cape Town. Unleash your board’s potential, as we shape the future of governance and compliance together.
About the Course
In today’s complex and volatile market dynamics, there is growing scrutiny of the role and performance of the Board of Directors. Appointed by the shareholders, the directors are effectively the agents of the company and it is their duty to ensure that the company achieves its strategic objectives, and its assets are safeguarded.
With the changing business environment, regulations and compliance issues are evolving. Continuous education of the board ensures that the directors are aware of their fiduciary duties and have the necessary knowledge to fulfill them. This training deals with the complex set of relationships between the corporation and its board of directors while addressing key governance issues, best practices, and the need to ensure adequate internal controls.
Itinerary & Lesson Plan
- Day 0: Arrival and Settling in Cape Town, South Africa (Make personal Plans)
- Day 1: Introduction and Overview of Corporate Governance
- Day 2: Establishing Good Governance
- Day 3: Risk Management and Compliance Practices
- Day 4 Morning Session: Data Protection and Privacy
- Day 4 Afternoon Session: Insightful benchmarking activities
- Day 4 Evening: Networking Cocktail Party
- Day 5: Cape Town Tour – Option 1 (Table Mountain, Chapman’s Peak Drive & Boulder’s Beach Penguin Colony) Option 2 ( Wine tour at Stellenbosch, Wine tour at Franschhoek & Wine tour at Paarl). Option 3 ( Robben Island Museum, Table Mountain, Cape Town City Tour)
- Guest Leave at their Pleasure