Certified Data Protection Officer(CDPO) 2024
February 26 @ 8:00 am – February 29 @ 4:00 pm
Among key concerns for organizations and individuals is the ability to protect data which limits who has access to important data. This cannot be overlooked. Besides violating the fundamental rights and freedoms of persons, not complying with the data protection regulations can lead to risky situations that could harm an organization’s credibility, reputation, and financial status. With the passing of the Data Privacy Act DPA 2019, individuals need to have an informed background before complying with the privacy laws.
In line with this, Sentinel Africa Consulting wishes to invite you to take up the Certified Data Protection Officer training. Sentinel Africa is an ISO 27001 certified firm offering training and consultancy services. Our trainings are certified by PECB (Professional Evaluation and Certification Board) and CertiTrust. Our trainers and consultants have requisite industry experience and certification to ensure that we exceed the expectations of our esteemed clients.
About the Course
This training is designed to enable the participants gain a comprehensive knowledge of the best practices and core principles of the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Privacy laws and acquire the necessary expertise to understand the risks that could have a negative impact on their organization and implement the required strategic responses based on the GDPR best practices, requirements, and principles.
Day 1 | Introduction to the GDPR concepts and principles
- Training course objectives and structure
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Core considerations for the GDPR
Day 2 | Designation of the DPO and analysis of the GDPR compliance program
- Designation of the DPO
- Analysis of the GDPR compliance program
- Relationship with the top management
- Data protection policy
- Register of processing activities.
- Risk management process
Day 3 | DPO Operations.
- Data protection impact assessment
- Documentation management
- Evaluation of the data protection controls.
- Data protection and technology
- Awareness, training, and communication
Day 4 | Monitoring and continual improvement of GDPR compliance
- Incident management and personal data breaches
- Monitoring and measuring compliance.
- Data protection internal audit
- Treatment of nonconformities
- Continual improvement
- Closing the training course
Day 5 | Certification