Training Course Overview
This 35-hour training course offers participants the opportunity to develop their skills in the function of steering an information security management implementation project and to prepare themselves through practice to lead operational teams, based on principles, procedures, and project management techniques widely applied in the business world.
During this training, the student will acquire the basic knowledge and skills allowing him to plan, implement, evaluate, and guarantee the integrity of the ISMS in compliance with the requirements of the ISO 27001 standard as well as the process of quality assurance required by the associated practice guides.
Based on real examples and concrete exercises, the student will be led during the training to carry out an ISMS implementation project by developing capacities in program management and implementation and monitoring techniques in team management, through communication with the various interested parties.
Why Should You Attend?
Information security threats and attacks increase and improve constantly. The best form of defense against them is the proper implementation and management of information security controls and best practices. Information security is also a key expectation and requirement of customers, legislators, and other interested parties.
This training course is designed to prepare participants in implementing an information security management system (ISMS) based on ISO/IEC 27001. It aims to provide a comprehensive understanding of the best practices of an ISMS and a framework for its continual management and improvement.
After attending the training course, you can take the exam. If you successfully pass it, you can apply for a “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer” credential, which demonstrates your ability and practical knowledge to implement an ISMS based on the requirements of ISO/IEC 27001.
By the end of this training course, the participants will be able to:
- Understand the operating principles of an ISMS according to ISO 27001
- Develop the skills necessary to carry out an ISO 27001 implementation project in compliance with the requirements of the standard and the guidelines of the ISO 27002, 27003, 27004 and
- 27005 standards
- Acquire the skills of managing a project team to launch and maintain an ISMS
- Pass the CERTI-TRUST™ exam
- Apply for the Certified ISMS Lead Implementer qualification depending on the level of experience.
- This training course contains essay-type exercises, multiple-choice quizzes, examples, and best practices used in the implementation of an ISMS.
- The participants are encouraged to communicate with each other and engage in discussions when completing quizzes and exercises.
- The exercises are based on a case study.
- The structure of the quizzes is similar to that of the certification exam.
- Security Officer
- Risk managers
- Corporate Data Controllers
- Project managers or consultants wishing to master the implementation of an Information Security management system
- CxO and managers responsible for the IT management of a company as well as risk management
- Members of an information security team
- Information Technology Expert Advisors
- Technical experts wanting to prepare for a position in information security
The main requirement for participating in this training course is having a general knowledge of the ISMS concepts and ISO/IEC 27001.
- Certification and examination fees are included in the price of the training course
- Participants will be provided with the training course material containing over 450 pages of explanatory information, examples, best practices, exercises, and quizzes.
- An attestation of course completion worth 31 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued to the participants who have attended the training course.
- If candidates fail the exam, they can retake it within 12 months following the initial attempt for free.
For additional information, please contact us at [email protected] or Whatsapp/Call +254715484888